If your Durham home is having water intrusion, then you are running the risk of moisture problems that could affect your home and health. Moisture in your homes crawl space or basement can lead to damage to the foundation leading to mold and mildew, and even pest problems such as termites working their way into rotten wood. Crawl Space & Basement Technologies of Durham are the professionals that can help prevent or repair these problems.
Signs of crawl space moisture problems in your Durham home:
- Damage in the crawl space or living area, caused by moisture and mold
- Foul, musty odors in the living area
- Condensation on HVAC duct work and/or equipment
- Condensation on insulation, pipes or trusses in the crawl space
- Buckling of hardwood flooring
- Living areas have high levels of humidity
- Infestation by insects and other pests
- Excessive wood rot
How Does Water Enter My Durham Crawl Space?
- Excessive rain soaks into the soil, causing pressure changes. Once the ground is saturated, the water moves to the lowest level of grade.
- Concrete is naturally porous. This leads to rainwater being able to soak through the foundation walls, eventually leading to condensation in the crawl space.
- North Carolina’s climate is hot and humid. Foundation vents on Durham homes can lead to moisture intrusion as well. Hot, humid air can pass into the crawl space and condensation build up can occur on HVAC duct work, floor joists and insulation.
How Do I Prevent Water From Getting Back In?
To permanently resolve your Durham home’s moisture issues, you first must stop the source of the problem. If a home is build on a flat or negatively graded lot, then water intrusion is an eventual certainty. This stems from ground saturation. Water will migrate under the French Drain and footing to the interior of the crawl space. French Drains are not a solution to moisture problems.
Then, what is a viable solution? Contact Crawl Space and Basement Technologies to install an Interior Drainage System to collect and remove water entering your Durham crawl space.
How do we waterproof your Durham crawl space?
- A drainage trench is dug on the interior of the crawl space, usually around the perimeter.
- Weep holes are drilled through the interior side of the base block.
- Specialized drainage pipe is installed in the trench.
- The pipe and trench is covered and filled with 3/4 inch gravel.
- We always prefer to use a gravity discharge to drain the water out of the crawl space, but sometimes a sump pump system is required.
Our Durham crawl space waterproofing has a Lifetime Warranty that can be transferred to a new owner at no cost! You can trust that your home is protected from moisture damage permanently.
Don’t Wait Until It Is Too Late to Waterproof Your Crawl Space!
Contact the Durham Crawl Space Waterproofing Specialists to Remove Moisture from Your Home Today!
Contact your partner in home moisture remediation. Our specialists are ready to help you breathe cleaner air in your home. Find out how Crawl Space & Basement Technologies offer a no obligation estimate and consultation. Once our inspection is complete, CBTofNC will provide options based on your home needs that can match your budget.