Crawl Space Waterproofing in Creedmoor
Since Creedmoor has a large amount of older homes, homeowners must constantly be aware of possible structural issues. A common problem, which could potentially lead to thousands of dollars in damage to your home, is moisture getting into your crawl space. Moisture inside a crawl space can cause issues ranging from an eroding foundation to mold and mildew growth, rodent nests and termite damage. Hiring a professional from Crawl Space & Basement Technologies can get you ahead of these potential problems with foundation waterproofing to prevent any moisture build-up.
Signs of Moisture Within Your Crawl Space
- Buckled hardwood floors
- Condensation on insulation, water pipes or truss plates in the crawl space
- Condensation (“sweating”) on air conditioning ductwork or equipment
- High humidity in the living area
- Insect infestation
- Mold or moisture damage in the crawl space or living area
- Musty odors in the living area
- Rot in wooden framing members
How Does Water Get into My Home's Crawl Space?
- During or after heavy rains, when the ground is saturated, water soaks into the soil and begins to move to the lowest level of grade.
- Rainwater can soak through the walls and form condensation on the inner block walls of the crawl space.
- In climates with high humidity, like in North Carolina, problems can occur for homes with foundation vents. The hot, humid air can cause serious water intrusion. When the air is passing through the vents, condensation can occur on the HVAC ducts, floor joists, and insulation.
In order to prevent the water from getting back in, you must find the sources of the water. Finding and repairing the source of the moisture will prevent the water from returning. For homes that have been built on flat land or negatively graded lots, the water collecting in your crawl space cannot be stopped. This moisture comes from ground saturation. If over-saturation occurs, the water migrates under the French Drain and the footing, which allows for the water to enter into the interior of the crawl space. If this occurs, the French Drain will not work to keep water out.
The only solution? Call Crawl Space and Basement Technologies to install an Interior Drainage System to collect water and remove it as soon as it enters the crawl space.
Once we’ve waterproofed your crawl space, your home is now protected by our Lifetime Warranty, which may be transferred to a new owner of your home for FREE!
How Does Crawl Space Waterproofing in Creedmoor Work?
- We dig a drainage trench, usually around the perimeter, in the interior of the crawl space.
- Weep holes are drilled through the interior side of the base block.
- A specialized drainage pipe is installed in the trench.
- The pipe and trench are covered and filled with 3/4 inch gravel.
- We always prefer to use a gravity discharge to drain the water out of the crawl space, but sometimes a sump pump system is required.
Don’t Wait Until There's Damage to Get Foundation Waterproofing!
Contact Us for Crawl Space Waterproofing Today
Call us today at (919) 847-7072 or fill out our online form to learn more about the benefits of our crawl space and basement services and schedule your no-obligation estimate today! We will visit your home to give you the most accurate price point for the job. Our trained specialists will guide you through the options to determine the best solution for you and your budget.
Our foundation waterproofing will ensure no water or moisture enters the space under your home and will keep it rodent, insect and mold-free! Our work includes a lifetime warranty, so you can be confident in our expertise for your Creedmoor home.