Cary Crawl Space Waterproofing
If the crawl space in your home floods during heavy rains, odds are you also have other moisture issues in your homes foundation. These moisture problems can cause damage to the foundation of your home or lead to further mold and mildew issues, even allowing termites to work their way in to do their damage. In order to prevent these issues from popping up, hire the professionals at Crawl Space & Basement Technologies of Raleigh to waterproof your crawl space.
How To Spot Crawl Space Moisture Problems:
- Mold or moisture damage in the crawl space or living area
- Musty odors in the living area
- Condensation (“sweating”) on air conditioning duct work or equipment
- Condensation on insulation, water pipes or truss plates in the crawl space
- Buckled hardwood floors
- High humidity in the living area
- Insect infestations
- Rot in wooden framing members
How Does Water Get into the Crawl Space?
- During heavy rains or anytime the ground becomes saturated, water soaks into the soil and begins to move to the lowest level of grade.
- Rainwater can also soak through the walls and form condensation on the inner block walls of the crawl space.
- Climates with high humidity, like we experience in North Carolina, are trouble for homes with foundation vents. This can cause serious water intrusion. The hot, humid air will pass through the vents and condensation occurs on the HVAC ducts, floor joists, and insulation.
How do I prevent water from getting back in?
The first step is to treat the source of the intrusion. This will resolve the immediate moisture issue. If your home is built on flat land or a negatively graded lot, water collecting in the crawl space cannot be stopped. This moisture comes from ground saturation. Once over-saturation occurs, water naturally migrates below the French Drain and the footing, allowing for entry to the interior crawl space. A French Drain is rendered INEFFECTIVE at keeping water out.
So, what can be done? Having your crawl space waterproofed from the interior is the only permanent, effective solution.
How Does Crawl Space Waterproofing Work?
- A drainage trench is dug, usually around the perimeter, in the interior of the crawl space.
- Weep holes are drilled through the interior side of the base block.
- Specialized drainage pipe is installed in the trench.
- The pipe and trench is covered and filled with 3/4 inch gravel.
- We always prefer to use a gravity discharge to drain the water out of the crawl space, but sometimes a sump pump system is required.
After Crawl Space & Basement Technologies of North Carolina completes your waterproofing project, your home will be covered with our Lifetime Warranty, which can be transferred to a new owner of your home for FREE!
Contact the Cary Crawl Space Waterproofing Experts for an Estimate
Complete the online contact form or give us a call at (919) 847-7072 to set up your free estimate with one of our crawl space and basement experts today! Our team will visit your home, inspect your problem area and determine the best course of action. The trained specialist of Crawl Space and Basement Technologies will provide options to meet your budget and needs.
Crawl space waterproofing is the only way to PERMANENTLY keep it free of mold and pests. Our lifetime warranty guarantees a clean and moisture-free crawl space for your Cary home!