If you are looking to reduce the moisture building up under your home, you need to take the step toward sealing your crawl space. This can only be done through crawl space encapsulation.
Most of the “dirty” air in your home is the result of air seeping in from the crawl space below your floorboards. According to the EPA, more than 60% of the air in the 1st floor of your home travels through the crawl space! The negative pressure in your crawl space from a leaking HVAC system and other common issues pulls the air from the crawl space through the flooring to your living area.
Why Should I Seal My Crawl Space?
During summer or any time seasonal temperatures rise, hot and humid, mold-laden air is drawn into your crawl space allowing for condensation, which promotes additional mold growth. This microbial activity spreads throughout the crawl space creating an environment of unhealthy air. Soon, this “dirty” air will be pulled into the living space of your home for everyone to breathe.
How do we solve this problem? By inspecting the area under your home to create a custom plan for crawl space sealing.
8 Reasons to Encapsulate & Seal Your Cary Crawl Space
1. You can eliminate vapor transmission into your home. Over 60% of your air in the 1st floor of your home comes from the crawl space. The “dirty” air can rise through the flooring and then mix with the clean fresh air in you home, reducing the overall quality.
2. Humidity control in the entire home. Foundation vents are notorious for letting hot, humid air into your crawl space. Once inside the crawl space, this humid air can make its way into the rest of the home! The EPA, American Medical Association, and the American Lung Association all recommend maintaining relative humidity levels from 30% – 50%.
3. To create a new, dry and clean climate. Mold needs three things to grow: moisture, warmth, and a food source. By fully encapsulating the crawl space in your Cary home, you can remove moisture that promotes mold growth on organic materials like wood and paper used as insulation backing. Encapsulation will completely seal this organic material reducing surface areas that mold commonly grows. Crawl space waterproofing will help provide a healthier climate for your home.
4. Odor elimination. Excessive moisture can lead to stale, musty odors in the crawl space. Remove the moisture and the odor will follow suit.
5. Discourage pests like insects and rodents. Damp environments are a haven for pests. Reduce the moisture buildup with a sealed Cary crawl space.
6. Save MONEY! You may be able to reduce energy costs by up to 15% annually with a crawl space encapsulation from our Cary professionals. Your HVAC system’s efficiency can be reduced severely by the open foundation vents found in the home. In winter and summer, the seasonal air travels into the home. Your HVAC must work harder to condition the air to your comfort level. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “Proper insulation of a crawl space, in addition to air sealing and moisture control, you can save on energy costs and increase your home’s comfort (A Consumer’s Guide to Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy – Crawl Space Insulation).
7. Help preserve your home’s structural integrity.Water vapor entering the crawl space from moisture located in the ground below your home can become abundant enough to cause puddling. Combine this large amount of water and the dark and dank conditions in the crawl space, and you have an environment that breeds mold which can quickly spread to any organic material. Since moist wood is like a buffet to termites, rot and decay can eventually destroy your home’s structural stability.
8. Peace of Mind! By discouraging pests, mold growth, and improving the air quality by sealing your crawl space, your Cary home’s living quality will improve with clean air in the living quarters.
Encapsulating and Sealing Your Cary Crawl Space Will Provide High-Quality Air To Breathe
Our team of crawl space encapsulation and sealing professionals hold the Council-Certified Microbial Remediation Supervisor (CMRS) designation. This also shows that we are a licensed mold remediation company, so if moisture has already lead to mold growth, we can clean it up and then encapsulate your crawl space. Our work is guaranteed with a lifetime warranty, so you can be confident in our expertise.
Once we have viewed your home and have a solid concept for the scope of work needed, our trained Cary encapsulation specialist will provide you with the most accurate price for your project. Our goal is to provide you with a quality inspection and determine the best solution for your budget.
Call our Cary Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialists so You can Breathe Clean Air!
For a consultation, call us at (919) 847-7072. If you prefer to learn more about the superior choice for crawl space and basement sealing in Cary, you can complete our online contact form to receive a no obligation estimate.
We look forward to helping you improve the air quality in your home. Contact us today to learn more about crawl space encapsulation in Cary, NC.